Here’s the thing. I’m pretty sure you’re out there. Somewhere. Hiding behind a rock? Busy waiting for midnight so you can make an entrance like the diva you are ? No? Yes? Maybe you’re just chilled and waiting to unleash whatever you have in store for me . I just wanted to write to you to tell you that I am waiting for you. I’m waiting for you but before we get acquainted I need to set the record straight -there are some things we need to talk about and leave behind in 2017 (don’t get me wrong your cousin served me the good and the bad ) . So I made a list of things I wish to accomplish and things I wish to never encounter in the new year .
- Things I wish to leave behind
- My addiction to spicy chicken wings
- Couch potato tendencies
- Toxic Friendships ( Jake’s I will never let go scenario’s need to stop and I finally have to let go *sob*)
- Guys that always pull the ‘send me nudes’ text every morning .Please, there are more creative ways to sext (learn them) and waking up to a picture of your junk staring at me at 5 in the morning needs to go.
- Skipping church
- Ignoring me time -Of coz I can’t afford a day at the spa but staying indoors with Madam Secretary counts
- signing up for four book clubs
- Daydreaming about moving to Joburg to find my Qhawe
2. Things I hope to accomplish
- learn a new language
- attend church youth meetings
- start a healthy lifestyle ( I am still not having a spinach smoothie )
- Take care of myself mentally
- take my dogs for walks often
So in a few hours we going to meet and we either going to love each other or hate each other but the truth is we are stuck with each other .But before I go and pretend to dress up for our date in a few hours .Please tell 2017 that I am thankful for the following :
- Life -God surely kept me even when I thought pox had finally gotten me
- My family -their support ,hilarity and love was so warming
- My squad – I am keeping those girls around coz one day I am going to need bridesmaid lol
- My twin – she had to be everything I wasn’t but nevertheless she stood by me
- Decor Addict – I have always been a lover of sleep.I was a professional napper till I retired at the age of 12 so being surrounded by pillows everyday was a dream come true .
- Mazuva – I was never ready for it .
- My job – 2017 was so nice that he gave me a cool gig that came with cool ,funny and talented peeps with it .
- My 2nd daughter – I didn’t give birth to her physically but i was there the whole nine yards . She is Zulu and I am Shona. I have only been to Johannesburg once *sob* but she is mine (okay she is my friend’s).
- My babies – 20 years in dog’s years of friendship what more can I ask for .
So here we are ,you hiding and me not yet ready for you but we got to do this .
See ya soon