I recently found out that I was fast becoming a statistic in my friend’s group and class. Why do you ask? Because I am damn not employed and definitely not showing off well-manicured hands or adorning Peruvian hair *sigh*. I almost broke down because I felt like a failure and I bet that’s how all those soldiers felt when David with just a sling and a stone killed Goliath. Can you picture going to military school and picking up girls by showing off your battle scars at the well and then watching a shepherd (we save a mighty God y’all) kill a giant? I definitely can because I watched that cartoon (you know you did too).
I have moments I feel like I can’t be their friend (still kinda do) anymore because every time I open my damn wallet I see my ID card (who stole my money?😂) and not that snack buying rent paying paper 😢. I noticed nobody invites me anywhere anymore because they think I am gonna order water and give them puppy dog eyes till they have to fork out money for my lunch😂.
So me being a good friend made a mini guide to help you navigate friendship when one is not unemployed.
Guide for the employed friend/s
* Check on your friend! It’s a trying time to wake up and stare at the four corners of a room the whole day and it’s a bleak time that can push someone to major depression and anxiety. Encourage them always!
* Forward jobs that they can apply for (it takes a minute)
*Pray for them! It is more blessed to do a good deed than it is to expect only good things to happen to you.
* Check their CVs! It could be outdated or filled to the brim with typos.
Guide for the Unemployed friend
* subscribe to job platforms and APPLY. You lose nothing by sending your application
*Keep growing! Get your certifications, improve your craft and keep learning
*Get some sunlight. Wallowing and feeling sorry for yourself will not give you a job
*Hustle! You heard me 😂 sell Avon Products etc
* Pray for doors of opportunities
*Don’t make your friends feel bad for making money. Cheer them on, root for them for tomorrow it’s your turn.
Till next time ☕💕